RE: What's the truth.

I just wanted to followup on your answer to my question.

You are right I did misstate the medications combination that I am taking. It is Trizvir & Viramune, not Sustive & Viramune.

Believe it or not my ID Doctor NO TALK is the best in my community of 500,000. At our first meeting, when he gave me my diagnosis, the second statement out of his mouth was "I don't discuss life expectancy!". That pretty much told me that my treatment discussions were going to be focused on today's visit and nothing that couldn't be seen in the next three months. The next closest Doctor who has his expertize would be 45 - 90 miles from my home & work!

So I am stuck with DR NO TALK and am trying to direct my question through his staff and getting some results that way.

Thanks for your answers,

Thanks for the update and the clarification. One last tactic may be to ask your doc to put himself in your shoes. Would he not want to know his chances to live 10 years, get social security, see the Red Sox win the World Series again or the Democrats retake the White House and Congress (okay, the last one may be too long from now to be realistic).

As I wrote, I feel optimistic about the fates of those with CD4 cell counts that have dramatically risen, who take their HIV meds religiously and do not do crack cocaine.

Good luck

viramune/epicom vs sustiva/truvada?
UV Light & HIV