Body weight/med dosages

Thanks for your time I've been on meds for 2 weeks now and side effects (noticable)stopped after 1 week. I take meds once daily: -Atazanavir 300mg -Ritonavir 100mg -Tenofovir 300mg -Lamivudine 300mg I feel great already but do you think this is a good combo? Secondly, I'm 185 cm tall and 125 Kilo's,17% Body fat(I work out). If my friend is half my weight and taking the same dosage is that appropriate? Does the dosage go by body weight/Lean body weight? Thanks for your time, Scott

Thanks for your post.

You raise an interesting point, and some medication doses are adjusted downward (to avoid excess risk of toxicity) in perons who are of smaller size (generally less than 40 kg). In the case of larger persons, there is little data that suggests that we need to use a larger dose.

The key thing (no mater what your size) is to make sure that you're responding appropriately to treatment. Typically, this means a substantial reduction in viral load (>95%) at one month into treatment. If this hasn't happened, then I would begin to raise a number of questions (including if your drug levels are too low).

Thanks for reading. I hope this helps. BY

Camp and HIV+ child
The Doc says "not to",i read everywhere "to do so"