Confused about life span?

Dr. Young, I would like to start off by thanking you for all your help in answering everyones questions and concerns. Iam a little confused with an answer given relating to Hiv and life span. You recently answered a question about life expectancy with Hiv and you stated that people can (APPROACH NORMAL DURATION). Could you please clearify this reply. Do you mean (near) normal life span or something else? Also, does this only apply for someone who is 40, halfway through normal life expectancy, or older? Please respond. Thank you very much...

Sorry you're dissapointed by my previous answer. Please take the time to search the forum on the dozens of ther replies we've taken to this question- you'll see from all of these the breath and variability to the answer.

My answer about life expectancy is qualified only because I don't like to forecast the future with certainty. I do believe that persons with HIV who are motivated, have experienced healthcare providers and access to medications can live as normal a life as I can see. This applies to everybody.

Not a guarantee, but a sincere opinion based on my medical opinion.

In the end, talk to your doctor about what normal life expectancy means for you-- it's pretty difficult for me to do this from a brief paragraph on the forum. You'll likely be pleasantly suprised.

BY

hi doctor...
scared out of my mind