Response to Nonsense

Your response to the person who thought female to male transmission was "nonsense" was excellent, though perhaps too polite. May I add a few points regarding his/her comment that MSM or women who have sex with MSM are the only true risk catagories. I would like to point out the "hard science" that documents the increase in HIV transmission in injection drugs users regardles of gender. There are also recent surveys showing alarming HIV positive rates in the transgender population. Until recently, these individuals were lumped into MSM category but most do not identify as such. I would also point out that mother to child transmission still occurs in "developed countries".

As a casemanager for HIV+ persons, I am more interested in their response to being infected than how they were infected. Connecting them with appropriate care and education is of primary concern. People who contribute to the spreading of misinformation regarding transmission risks are the ones who need to be stopped. TLE

In our HIV medical clinic in suburban/rural Florida we see many cases of HIV infection in heterosexual males. Their risk appears to contact with HIV positive females that are addicted to crack cocaine and trading sex for drugs (or money to buy drugs). I would reiterate that female to male transmission of HIV infection certainly occurs in the developed world.

I agree with your point - as a doctor for HIV+ persons I am much more interested in helping my patients get appropriate care. Of course, medical care includes education to lower the risk of transmission to their partners. Thanks for your post.

Response to low CD4 count and scared to start HAART
Drug/supplement Questions