re: Challanging the ol' Davester

The article I pointed you to discusses the Options Project out of San Francisco. Haven't you heard of that study? It showed that close to 10% of newly infected gay men in the area were most likely infected via receptive oral sex. Yes, the study is nearly 10 years old. But so what? Has any new evidence come to light that refutes those older findings? Why in the world would we turn a blind eye to that study when it helped shed some light on such a major topic?

I don't think we actually disagree. Oral sex carries risks and there are factors that likely increase the risk (ejaculation, viral load, susceptibility to HIV infection etc). I just don't think the risk is high.

There are several studies that support my position including a nice one done in Spain a few years ago among hetersexual discordant couples. I am in an airport in China so my ability to access the article is limited. For a nice review read: http://hivinsite.ucsf.edu/InSite?page=pr-rr-05

D

Virus Replication Capacity
Do I really need norvir?