sustiva very urgent

please Doct Young I am in very poor country and is very difficol to by Sustiva I am 5 days not taking the sustiva I only at the moment taking Lamuvidin 150gr and stavudine 30 mg will be any problem ? the doct said I can miss the sustiva for two weeks after I will have poblem I am concern only to be come resistence please help this question o can I change sustiva with other medication?

Thank you for your post.

I would not recommend at all that you take only lamivudine and stavudine (d4T) while your missing your efavirenz (Sustiva). This situation could quite rapidly generate drug resistance to lamivudine (3TC) and d4T.

It would probably be better to discontinue taking the other two medications one or two days after you stop the Sustiva (this is because the Sustiva lasts in your body much longer that the 3TC and d4T.

Once you have all three medications, you can resume them all simultaneously.

Hope this helps, feel free to write us back if you have any additional questions. BY

FRIEND BEING TREATED IGNORANTLY
Recently Started Treatment