re:switch to viramune

Dr. the reasons I am on therapy are 1.because my lymph nodes became very inflamed during seroconversion 2.I want to preserve my immune system 3.the thought of having uncontrolled hiv in my body scares me. Thats my honest answer ,I dont know what to do.

These are understandable reasons for a hit early, hit hard approach. We don't know if the benefit of early therapy outweigh the risks, but ongoing studies should help us answer these questions. Since you are having PI-related side effects and cannot tolerate Sustiva, a switch to Viramune is a reasonable strategy. There is a greater chance of Viramune-related liver toxicity in men with more than 450 CD4 cells (for women >250 cells) so liver tests would need to be monitored closely for the first few months if you do switch. Good luck and let us know how things go.

Here is the previous post that outlined the problem.

Sustiva and Epzicom combo
Urgent information. Confirmed seroconversion. Starting Rx.