Bad Side Effects

I am having trouble finding a combo to have my doctor give me since I have serious stomach/nausea issues with almost all of the current choices in medication. I am diagnosed with Crohns and have appetite issues to begin with barring the HIV. Are there new meds on the way that are less toxic or dont cause stomach issues? Can you recommend any that I can mention to my physician? Even trials in stage 3 would be great since I am in a major city and am sure I could get access. Thanks for the assistance.

Thanks for your post.

Many of the newer HIV medications in use have fewer gastrointestinal side effects than in the past-- among the nukes, the Truvada and Epzicom combos; most non-nukes and the new PIs Reyataz and Lexiva-- tend not to cause much in the way of GI problems. Add to this Fuzeon, and it's should be possible to find a regimen that you can tolerate.

Without knowing exactly which medications that you took in the past and the details of how they were prescribed (with food, at bedtime, etc.) it's difficult to be more precise.

Hang in there, though-- sometimes it takes a lot of trial and error to find the regimen that you can tolerate-- but it can be done. BY

Sequencing
how much food?