How long will this Combo Last?

Hello there:

I know that's a loaded question. My regimen (my one and only so far) is Viramune and Truvada. I've been on this about a 1 1/2 years with CD of 511 and VL=undet.

I never have missed a dose.

With perfect adherence, what is the liklihood of resistance developing and in how many years? Any new data with THIS combo?

Thanks.

Thanks for your post.

If you've achieved an undetectable viral load for over a year, it's really unlikely that you'll have treatment failure in the foreseable future. Most virological failures occur in the first year of treatment and, assuming that you're continuing to be faithful to the adherence, should continue to work for a long time; probably for many years.

As to your last question, this particular regimen has not been well studied, but Truvada has been studied with the "other" non-nuke, efavirenz (Sustiva) in the long-term Gilead 934 clinical study (you can find addtional data about this study by searching TheBody.com).

Thanks for reading. BY

Medication Advice
Stopping Meds