Which Meds to Resume Treatment?

My counts are currently at T4 = 240, % = 9, and V/L = 4,500.

I previously took AZT & DDC for several years before taking a med holiday since 1999 to present.

My MD is thinking of having me resume on a combo of:

a) Tenofovir with

b) either one of Kaletra or Atazanavir plus

c) one of Sustiva or Nevirapine

Which of these combos sounds the least problematic in your opinion? (I also take Valproic Acid for seizures, Crestor & Seroquel)

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

Since it has been a long time since you have been on therapy and you may not have much in the way of viral resistance I wonder is a more conventional "cocktail" might be effective and more straight-forward in your situation. By conventional I mean either a PI (Kaletra or Atazanavir) or a NNRTI (Sustiva or Nevirapine) + 2 nukes (Tenofovir + 3TC or FTC).

It would be helpful to know if you had complete viral suppression on AZT and DDC during those several years of treatment and if you had any previous resistance tests. If you have more information that would help give you some ideas. Thanks for posting and let us know.

Vitamin B6 to combat peripheral neuropathy?
HELP in Manila