treatment

Iam puzzled by this hiv.I was diagnosed +ve sept.2004.My cd was309 and vl;1600.as atOct14.then in Jan cd;302 vl 2400.I was infected around June 2003(very sure).Now what disturbs me is,why is my cd count low yet other people who were infected 4-5yrs even 8yrs ago have higher cd counts and take time before starting their meds? thanks R

It is not really clear why some people have low CD4 counts early after acquisition of HIV infection. It may be a lower baseline CD4 count to begin with or a greater initial loss of CD4 cells with primary infection. Another factor that may account for more rapid progression and lower CD4 counts is the level of immune activation (which is not routinely measured). Even though your CD4 count is lower than expected, the low viral load is quite favorable and suggests that your counts may be stable for years to come. Best of luck to you.

Best treatment for toe-nails?
Trizivir combo?