Serious Question

I wrote last week reguarding a protien drink my Dr. prescribed for me. I believe that he said it was called "Jankins" He told me its now being used on HIV patients to help them bulk up after some muscle loss. And this is no joke what I say, but it's used on chickens. Said it increased their bulk by 30%. I really need to know if you have ANY information about this. My insurance wont pay, so it will be 149 bucks out of my wallet. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Cohen

Sorry - haven't heard about a formula that sounds like Jenkins, nor one that has previously proved to be of help to our fair feathered fowl-friends.

It sounds like you are unconvinced, but your MD is. Why not ask for the info that your MD has seen that convinced him/her that it is worth the dough - including hopefully some human experience? I mean, we can sometimes generalize from animal data, but a 30% bulkier chicken may or may not tell us what it would do for you... certainly not clear that it is worth the $149. If you are suspicious, ask if there is any financial relationship between the company and your MD. If there isn't then it may be that it is just some info neither of us have seen... but might be reasonable.

Good luck. CC

Painful gums and bad breath
Switching from Crixivan to Nelfinavir