keeping track

hello dr. young on 3/19/04 i found out that i was hiv pos. my numbers are as follow 3/19/04 my vl copies was 664 and my cd4 was757. on 7/1/04 my vl was502 and my cd4 was552. I had miss my appt for oct 2004. but i went back in jan.2005. im due to see my dr. this month. can you please tell how my numbers are. i feel very good and im still working out. should i be concern. im told that my numbers are still good. please help me out. im 48 years old im a law inforcement officer il will be retiring in about three years. i thank you kindly.

Thanks for your post.

Your labs show that you have a normal CD4 cell count and remarkably low HIV viral load. While there was some decline in your CD4 count, since it's in the normal range (I'd double check with your CD4 percentages, to be sure), I'd expect to see some variation from test to test.

So, yes, I'd agree-- you labs are very good. I wouldn't be expecting you to need to start on HIV medications in the near-term future, nor do I expect any significant clinical issues or events.

Make sure that you continue to get periodic clinical and laboratory assessment. I expect you to reach and experience a full and complete retirement.

Good luck, good health. BY

Correlation between CD4 absolute and CD4%, which one should I focus on?
lowering triglycerides