When to make the decsion the the POS-HIV is not a FP
May 5, 2005
When a new pt comes in and test positive for HIV, what is the SOC for repeat confirmatory testing? Are you supposed to re-check an HIV at sometime in the future to make sure it's not a FP?
Response from Dr. Wohl
No. Remember the diagnosis is made on a repeat test. First a sensitive ELISA test is done, then a Western blot which is specific for HIV is performed.
Plus, we now check a viral load.
That is pretty darn sure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore On Tongue An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Anal Warts After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Bronchitis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- 24 Week Negative Rapid Hiv Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.