Finally good news!!!

Hi All,

I have written before to express problems I have had with side effects and finally after my third change to a new regimen my side effects are near nothing, I always had a big problem with getting a bad rash but with this current regimen of Lexiva/Truvada I did still get the rash but it was about 90% less severe then with Reyataz or Sustiva. That is about the only side effect I had and its been almost a month on the regimen. I just got results and my viral load has gone from 281,000.00 to 68!!!!! My CD4 percentage has gone up from 28% to 36% and my t-cells are very good at 861.

I just wanted to express this all to you who are also having problems with side effects it took almost six months to find the right combination that works for me so hang in there and thanks to this site and the medical staff for the valuable information they provide.

Take Care

Thanks for your post and sharing your positive story.

I think that the key message here is that there are a number of potential first-line treatment regimens. Finding the right one sometimes takes some time, but ultimately (and usually) a well tolerated one can be found.

You're another example of a patient who is tolerating a first-line protease inhibitor-- a changing landscape of treatment approaches, indeed.

Thanks again, stay in touch and let us know how you're doing from time to time. BY

Results fluctuations
Fouth Year And Still Healthy