last question on CCR5/CXCR4

Sorry to harp on this but it seems that it could be imperative in the future. With that being said, if someone is dual tropism, could CCR5 drugs alone, help that individual? I just feel like a lot of people are going to miss out on CCR5 drugs because of this issue.

Thanks for your post.

I think that we still don't know enough about the utility of CCR5 inhibitors in patients with dual-trophic viruses. Part of the reason for this is that the data is still somewhat clouded in these patients-- some probably have mixed R5 and X4 viruses, while others have truly dual trophic. In either case, it is possible that the medications may have efficacy, though this will need to be tested in clinical trials (some of which are likely to be done in the near- or intermediate-term future).

So, stay tuned. I agree that it will be important to know the answers to your question. BY

HIV-1 vs. HIV-2
about when to start