Apr 27, 2005
Hi Dr. Young,
What should a normal cd4% helper be for a hiv+ person. Recently dx and mine is only 27. Seems low, what do you think. cd4 605.
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
A normal CD4% varies somewhat from lab to lab, but in general a normal value is above 30-35%. From this, one could suppose that your CD4% is slightly below normal, but you also have a normal total or absolute CD4 count.
There are some persons or circumstances where the CD4 total and percentages don't always agree. A second set of labs in the usual 3-4 month follow up period can sometimes sort out these differences.
I hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Can Hepatitis Cause Excessive Saliva At Night?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.