Just knew it

I am 38 years old and a Thai. Last month I just had my first lab test. The result of the lab was CD4 299 with 22% VL 6320. I just wonder why my CD4 was quite low comparing with my CD4 % and my Vl. In this case, do I need to take the therapy when the CD4 is less than 200 and when do i expected to take it. Thanks. NooNeung

NooNeung,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. You do have a relatively low CD4 count, but I don't think that there is any emergency to get you on treatment at this time (assuming that you're otherwise feeling well). Usually a second set of labs in a few months will help sort out any trends and needs to initiate treatment.

In Thailand, there are quite a number of available medications to treat HIV. I'd be sure to discuss these options with your doctor and your local AIDS service organizations.

Good luck, let us know how things turn out. BY

Confused and Scared
treatment now or can it wait 6 months?