Should I Consider Treatment?
Apr 25, 2005
I was Diagnosed in Oct 2004, CD4 872 and Viral Load 27,900. Jan 2005 CD4 1446 and Viral Load 100,000 (>Log 5). March 2005 CD4 1091 and Viral Load greater than 100,000 (>Log 5). Should I seriously think about starting HAART or just wait and let it be monitoed by the 2 monitoring studies I am participating in?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Assuming that you're feeling well, I'd probably recommend to continue to monitor your CD4 count and wait. So long as you get ongoing monitoring, it's unlikely that you'll have any untoward risk of complications.
Thanks to for your very welcomed sense of volunteerism by participation in the clinical studies. We owe you a considerable word of thanks. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.