PLEASE JUST A MINUTE.SACARED

Dear Doctor Wohl.

I would be really please if you could answer the following questions...i know that you have many everyday, and i do not consider myself better than anyone, but please answer this questions. I`m really scared and would like to ask you something about your experience in hiv treatment.

Six months and 2 days ago i had a non-protected relation with a person of unknown status. at 2 months of the relationship had a negative test and Today (6 months and two days after the exposure) i got my test elisa results and it was "indeterminate". I`m so scared.

1).- I`ve heard about window period...and read that a 6 month test would be considered conclusive. Did you ever see anyone serovonverting after six months?

2).- What does my indeterminate result means?. Should i start taking any meds?

3).- I thought my two months test was conclusive, i`m scared now.

Please doctor wohl, answer this wuestions....please. Many thanks. 3).-

You need to get an HIV RNA PCR (viral load) test done. I would ask for it now along with a repeat Elisa and Western blot and insist that the viral load test be run quickly (docs can often call labs and explain the situation to request a specimen be placed at the front of the line).

An indeterminate result can be a false positive or an early sign of seroconversion from HIV- to HIV+. It is unsual for someone to seroconvert after 6 months without a new exposure.

Start with low VL?
Re: CCR5 and CXCR4