Should I start treatment
Apr 13, 2005
I was recently diagnosed HIV positive on 3-1-05, 3 weeks later my cd4 cells were 295 and viral load 9000, is there possibility this is still primary infection and if so what's the research to start now, does it seem my cd4 will go up?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Though it can be difficult to predict these things with certainty, I think that it's unlikely that you have very recent infection with such a low viral load.
In cases like yours, when there's doubt, I'd have a repeat set of labwork done to confirm any trends.
Good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Piercing?
- Are Night Sweats An Ars Symptom?
- Itchy Balls After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can A Bladder Infection Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.