CD4 CD8 Count
Apr 12, 2005
When a person's CD4 count is 651 and the CD8 count is 313, what does that mean. Will a person still test negative for HIV? Is it possible to have the infection, test negative and have the above counts?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
CD4 (or CD8)counts cannot be used to determine one's HIV status. Persons with established HIV infection will have a positive antibody test and positive HIV RNA PCR ("viral load"). Having the CD4 and CD8s that you describe can be found in persons who are either HIV+ or HIV-. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Stinging Pain After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Spots After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Does Cervical Cancer Affect Your Reproductive System?
- What Is The Fastest Growing Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.