Take natural course

Hello Dr.

Do you ever encounter anyone who says the heck with it and just skips meds all together and lets nature take its course.

I am one of those lucky few that have a cd4 <200 after acute infection. Im not especially thrilled about this disease since I got it from a prostitute posing as a regular person on a singles web site. This is the thought I have to live with the rest of my life and it sickens me every day.

What about just skipping the meds and withering away. Im sure Id only last a year or two but at least I wont have the side effects and I can go ASAP.

Frank

Dear Frank,

You need help. You are feeling guilty, sad and hopeless. Talking to a psychologist or psychiatrist can help you deal with these feelings and not let them needlessly lead you to suffer.

Despite the impression you may get from this and other forums, most people on HIV meds do not have major side effects. They are just so busy leading their lives that they rarely write a post to tell the world how wonderful they feel (note if you are on therapy and doing great, feel free to write in to Frank).

So no withering or dithering, get some help. You will be happy you did.

re: warning for wasting
Yes, there is hope !