Re. New Therapies

Dr. Wohl, I want to follow up with a couple questions regarding your response on New Therapies. First off, the fact that you are excited certainly should excite a lot of people. In any event, are these new therapies intended solely for people with resistance? I am hoping that some of the pipeline is begin directed at medication that is better in terms of toxicity for people that are doing well. Can you comment on how much better you envision the toxicity to be in the future? On a side note, do you worry that because the existing therapies seem to be working well that fury to develop better therapies will dissipate? Furthermore, I feel that there must be some pressure to NOT come up with something that would make the existing regimens obsolete.

It is true that many of the new agents being developed are aimed (initially) at those with resistant virus. But, some of the more novel compunds will likely be targeted for first line therapy. The CCR5 blocking drugs, in particular, seem well suited for use earlier rather than later.

The newer PIs don't yet seem to be able to boast of improved tolerability.

There is always a quest for the better mouse trap and if the big companies don't come up with it, a little company might. Fortunately, right now all types of companies are working on these drugs - which is good for all of us.

Really need your advice - aggressive herpes out break
re: warning for wasting