i'm just confused

Okay, here goes. I am on day, or rather night number 3 of Truvada/Sustiva. I am experiencing side effects such as dizziness, loss of balance, almost like I'm halfway between X and K. By the way, I do no recreational drugs for the last few years, it's just a comparison. Here's the problem. On Mon., Tues, and Wed., I don't have to be to work until 5pm, so I've been taking the drugs around midnight. On Thursday, I'm off work, however, on Friday and Saturday, I have to be up and able to function for work by 8am. Is there a way to balance the time I take my drugs. I realize I'm new to this, and that the effects should wear off, or minimize, in time, but right now I'm experiencing about a 2-3 hour drug hangover in the morning, hence my concern about when to take it and working Friday and Saturday mornings. I hope you can help.

Dear Just Confused,

You have an interesting schedule but I think the timing of your Sustiva could be adjusted so that you have the maximum number of hours where you do not feel like you are club drug experiment gone bad. I think the simplest manuever would be to just take the drugs a couple of hours earlier on Thursday and Friday nights. Then, by the time the morning comes around, the worst of the side effects are over.

(If even after a month or so you are still waking up woozy, you may need to take it even a bit earlier than 10 pm on Th and F. If so, I would probably then advance the M, T, W (Sun) dosing to 10 or 11 pm).

As you said, the adverse effects do wane over time for most. Eating with the drug can cause increased absorption and therefore greater side effects. Try to take it on an empty stomach or, if you have to eat, with a light snack.

Re: Manageable chronic disease
Really need your advice - aggressive herpes out break