How Many Pills Per Day???
Apr 9, 2005
How many pills per day does the average HIV Poz individual on HAART have to take? I often hear people say between 20-30 pills/day and am just curious of the 'average' number. Please advise.
Response from Dr. Young
Thank you for your question.
In the past, HIV+ persons might have to take very complex drug regimens of upwards of 20 pills a day. Contemporary drug regimens typically are less than 7 pills per day and can be as low as 2 pills taken once daily. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching Open Wound Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Animal And Insect Bites Transmit Hepatitis?
- Can You Get Herpes If You Use A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.