Is it the right time to start meds?

I've recently been diagnosed hiv +ve.My cd.302, vl-2400.My doctor suggested i think of starting meds.I'll be going to see him on 25th to discuss about it and if i'm ready.Well, i was,and still iam despite being abit apprehensive about the side effects.Do you think i should wait abit as i take more labworks to see if my cd and vl. stabalize? Iam so excited about this wonderful site.Some friend told me about it an hour ago.Thanks for your precious time.

Thanks for your post. I'm happy to hear that you've found the site informative.

With your current CD4 count, you're in a range where many would consider starting treatment in the near future. This is not an emergency decision (in large part based on your relatively low viral load), but can await an adjustment and learning period. It would be important to me, if you were my patient, that you fully understood your treatment options and ways to be optimally adherent to medications, once started.

If I were you, I don't think that it would be a bad idea to wait a month or two, to repeat labs and assess any trend in lab values. In the meanwhile, this is a good time to get all of your preventive medicine issues addressed, like mental health, substance dependency and preventive vaccinations (like hepatitis A and B, pneumonia).

Good luck, keep in touch. BY

about the nightmare drug Sustiva
Eye Floaters and CMV