Seattle Doctors

Hi, I am living in Seattle, Washington and I am (of course, I say that because I know a lot of people come to this site for an outlet of anxiety, HIV+) I have had the same Doctor since I found out I was positive in 2000, my question is, is if you know where I can look to maybe get an idea of great infectious disease specialists around here? I have tried google, and I do not want to offend my current Doctor by asking such a question. He has done a pretty good job with me, I this past few months ago had gotten sick and there was a medicine mix up. He gave me a medicine he had given me before that gave me hives and other problems, again this past December. It is logged onto my health charts that I am "allergic" to nervarapine (sp?), but he still gave it to me. When I ended up in the hospital again, he said that it was his mistake and is very sorry.

Do not get me wrong everyone in this world makes mistakes, I do all of the time, but when it comes to me managing HIV I want to make sure I am doing everything that I can to live a long and beautiful life.

If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it greatly. I know that you are very busy, so please just answer this when you have time, no hurry... I can wait.

Thank you!!

Yes, we all make mistakes, but giving you a medication that you are known to be allergic to is the kind of mistake that could and should have been avoided.

For a certified HIV specialist in your area, I would recommend you check the American Academy of HIV Medicine Web site at www.aahivm.org. They have a listing of HIV specialists by location. Click the "find a provider" tab to access the referral database.

Good luck! Stay well.

Yours in comedy...Test Q and A
PSYCHOSOMATIC FREAK PART DEUX