One last clarifcation

Dr. Young, Are these people with HIV who are dying from other diseases young, old? I feel if it is COMMON for someone is there 30's or 40's to die from cancer or heart disease, than HIV must have something to do with this. Is this common?

Again, thanks for all you do. I am just looking for someone clarifcation.

No worries, thanks for your post.

The rate of death among persons with HIV decreased dramatically after the advent of combination treatments. It is not common at all (emphasis) for persons in their 30's and 40's to die, though there is some debate as to whether there is a slightly higher rate of some illnesses in a small minority of patients in their mid-adult ages. Most of my patients in this age category are living normal lives.

I hope this helps. BY

Resistance and Drug Holiday
warning for wasting