Should I be optimistic?

Hi! I know you can help me to understand my life from now on.

I'm 27 years old, I was diagnosed VIH+ 3 weeks ago. Until now I haven't lost weight, I have a good (normal) health and psychologicaly I'm trying to calm down and "be happy". Anyway, I would like to know what is the aprox. life time I have from now. I will start mi ARV treatment this month, right now I have a good diet, I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, some adittional vitamins and I stoped drinking and going out late. Should I worry about my health more than usual, I mean: Can I expect a good life for some years? How long? How healthy? Any recommendation besides keeping on medical treatment? I really thank your support.

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis. It sounds like you're in good health and probably have a CD4 count below 350, if your doctor is getting you ready to start treatment. Further, it appears that you're taking good care of yourself with good diet and exercise.

Other than developing good communication with your doctor and adherence to the prescription for your HIV medications, I don't think that you should be overly preoccupied about your health. The vast majority of patients who start on treatments in our clinic tolerate medications very well, and for those who are currently asymptomatic, their health remains very good with little or no side effects of medications.

I do expect you will live a good and healthy life for a very long time.

Buenos suerte, BY

Lowest ever, highest ever question
testosterone question