Treatment before seroconversion

Is there any point in beginning treatment during the flu-like symptoms of the acute phase? Although my ELISA came back negative, I have night sweats, fever, headache, dry cough, and sores in the mouth. Thank you for any guidance you can provide.

Thanks for your post.

A negative ELISA helps in terms of diagnosis of acute HIV infection, but I'd want to see confirmation of HIV infection (namely, a positive HIV RNA PCR -- viral load) and not just symptoms before I'd even remotely suggest starting on antiretroviral treatment. The reason here is that there are a number of things (including a non-specific, mild viral infection or mono) that can cause your symptoms and I don't recommend receiving any prescription medication without fully appreciating the need to treat and risk of side effects.

Good luck, BY

VL not undetectable/Dementia concerns
Partner newly diagnoised