hiv positive, about the treatment.

Hello doctor. Sending you a question from korea. I am korean, postive. Pretty sure that I got this desise june, 2004. I had a blood test in march 2005, twoice. The CD4 rusult came out 200 -> 207 (in 10 days). I don't know my CD8 for the first one but the second result, 1315. I will be having afew more blood test and the viral load test in couple weeks. It's only been 6 months since I've got HIV and CD4 count only 207. Is it okay to wait couple weeks to figure out more data before treatment? Right now, I don't have any symtoms or any weight loss. Thank you doc. =)

Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

With your current CD4 count, you'll probably need to start treatment in the near- to intermediate-term future. You've certainly got time to learn about your options and to confirm your lab values (based on your lack of symptoms).

Make sure to speak to your doctors about your treatment options and strategies about how to optimize your adherence to treatment.

Good luck, keep us informed about your progress. BY

Concerns about future medication
Immune Response