when to start treatment

My wife get infected hiv recently. Her cd4 count 520 and cd4/cd8 ratio 0.6. Her viral load test is greater than 750.000 copies/ml. When does she need to start treatment? According to the doctor she doesn't need treatment at this moment. The doctor suggest to start treatment when the cd4 count below 350. But I see in the internet we should start treatment if the viral load test above 55.000 copies/ml. Which one is true? Thanks for your answer

Thanks for your post.

In general, I agree with your wife's doctor-- if a persons is entirely asymptomatic with a high CD4 count, I tend not to start treatment, even among persons with very high viral loads. However, it is important to recognize that such persons are at greater risk of having disease progression or more rapid CD4 cell decline, so there's a need for careful monitoring of their health and lab values. BY

Does surgery affect CD4 counts?
Reyetaz is it a P.I. or a non-nuke?