The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Re: HIV Positive Expat In Thailand
Mar 29, 2005

Hi Dr G,

This is a reply to a previous poster wondering about HIV care in Thailand.

I am an expat westerner living in Thailand with HIV. My girlfriend is also HIV positive. (Only found out 3 months ago, but a lot has happened since then - most of it good, funnily enough! This disease is not going to run, or ruin, our lives!)

I would just like to let the previous poster know that HIV care and medical care in general here in Thailand is first class.

The hospital I go to in Bangkok (called "Bunrumgrad Hospital") is a world-class medical establishment, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it for any medical care - HIV or otherwise.

My HIV specialist here is also a highly qualified individual, and I respect and value his opinions very much. He is Harvard educated, and very much up-to-date with the latest trends in treating and managing HIV.

HIV medication is available here, and full lab tests too, in order to acertain CD4 counts and viral loads.

So I would say to the previous poster - "Go for it!"

Thailand is an amazing country to live, and you will have a wonderful experience if you take the job here, and no worries about the medical care whatsoever.

I hope this helps.

As we say in Thailand - "Chok dee!" (Good luck!)

Response from Dr. Pierone

Hello and thanks for this important information. I am glad to hear that excellent care is available. Based on my visit to Thailand last July for the AIDS conference I am in complete agreement that this is a remarkable country with incredible people.

What replaces Sustiva?
Integrase Inhibitor

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint