Re: Slow to test CD4 and Viral Load (Thailand Poster)

Hi There.

This is just a reply to "Claudia" who posted recently about her husband who just tested positive in Thailand.

Claudia, please don't fret! I am a westerner living in Thailand, and I was very surprised to read about the length of time taken to test your husband's CD4 count and viral load.

Myself and my girlfriend are HIV positive, and have fanatastic medical care here.

Dr Young, if there is some way I can get in contact with Claudia, (obviously don't want to place my email or mobile numbers on the forum here!), then maybe I have some information that might be able to help her.

Also, my girlfriend and I don't know anyone else in Thailand who has HIV - its a very "closed" subject here - and maybe it would be nice to get in contact with someone else here to provide support to each other. Do you have any suggestions as to how we could get in touch?

Many thanks. Another westerner in Thailand with HIV.

Dear Westerner-

Thanks for the beta, words of advice and willingness to help.

If you and Claudia would like, I can serve as intermediary--you can send your contact information to me and I'll get you in touch with one another.

BY

rashes
please explain all you can