RE: I hate HIV

I had to add my two cents. I have to echo the the person who first responded. Most days for me are also about a 9 on a 10 point scale. I have been on HAART for about 3 1/2 years. It took about a year to find a combination that had tolerable side effects but it was well worth it. Today, I have no physical side effects other than those that show up on blood work (and those are very minor).

You do have to get yourself mentally prepared to take responsibility for your health on a daily basis. You need to eat a balanced diet, exercise, get regular sleep and take your meds on schedule and never miss a dose.

I saw what HIV did to all of my friends in the late 80's and early 90's and my doctor told me that I had to let go of those images. The new generations of medicines have really changed the outcome of many lives.

Thanks for your two cents-- your words are worth far more than that and I appreciate the time that you took to share your experiences. BY

HIV POZ! What to do now?
rashes