I hate HIV

Just dx. The thought of this and how i have ruined my life is unbearable. The fact that I will have to live the rest of my lame days hiding in my house stinks. Are these drugs worthwhile or is it better just to get out now?

Sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis.

While I'm just a doctor, and the real answer to your question should come from our readers who are positive and living healthy lives-- I'll add my two cents and say that HIV medications have revolutionized the prognosis and quality of lives for many tens of thousands of persons (it should really be millions- there's much work to do still). Indeed, for many persons who are recently diagnosed I would suggest a normal or near-normal life expectancy.

I'd hope that some of our readers can give you a personal word or two and share their experiences with you. Please speak to your local AIDS service organization or your doctor about your situation and how your current immune system health relates to your need for medications or other preventive measures.

Good luck, stay in touch. I'd be very happy to answer any future questions. BY

Sweaty plams/feet
RE:I hate HIV (Mar 25, 2005)