Please help to find a doctor

Hello Doctor Young,

I have a quick question for you. I became HIV pos three years ago. Today my CD4 is 184. I talked to my doctor at Kaiser and she wante me to start on meds. I live in Denver. I don't want to do it here since I'm moving to Las Vegas in two days and once I'm there I will start HAART. To do that I need to find a good HIV specialist. Do you know any really good HIV specialist in Vegas that has needed expertise?

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your help.

Rob

Dear Rob- Thanks for your post.

I'd agree with you that starting on a new medication regimen only two days before moving wouldn't be the best approach.

There are a number of really good HIV doctors in the Las Vegas area-- I suppose that the best way to go is to talk to the local AIDS service organization for the beta or to look up HIV specialists in the American Academy of HIV Medicine's website (aahivm.org).

Safe travels and good luck to you. BY

When to start treatment?
financial aide for treatment?