Caribbean HIV meds?
Mar 23, 2005
I live in the Caribbean and I'm afraid to get medication through the government because of privacy issues (i.e. everbody ends up knowing you're hiv +. My husband and I wish to purchase medication abroad even though we know it's expensive. Where can we buy? Thanks for any advice you can give.
Response from Dr. Pierone
Since you will need a medical professional participating in your care (and writing prescriptions) the starting point would be with your doctor. He or she may have an idea of the best place to purchase medications outside of the government systems. I know that some people in the Caribbean go to other islands or the states for medical care depending on the resources available to them on their home island. Hope that this helps and good luck to you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Getting Hiv Through Fingering With A Cut On Finger
- Why Cant I Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Natural Herb Can Be Used To Treat Chlamydia?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- What To Do If Treatment Did Not Work For Gonorrhea Or Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.