in coma for 10 days

My hus has been in coma for 10 days after a sroke he is positive.This is the second sroke, he is out of coma but very weak, his cd4 is down to 3 he is not on meds. Is it worthy putting him on meds now? pls help

I'm very sorry to hear about your husband.

I think that a thoughtful answer would require knowing exactly why your husband has had strokes-- was it because of cardiovascular disease or perhaps because of an AIDS-related complication. Sometimes there are infectious issues that might be better dealt with first, before starting on HIV therapies, in other circustances this might not be the case. Either way, there is a robust dataset that indicates that patients can respond to HIV therapies, even when they start with very low CD4 counts (by most studies, defined as less than 50).

If he's not previously been on medications, I'd think that he has a pretty good shot at improving his CD4 cell count and immune health. The unanswered question is whether he'd improve from a neurological standpoint.

Good luck, I wish you and your husband well. BY

From Brazil again.
Caribbean HIV meds?