Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Everyone has a right to their own opinion
Mar 22, 2005

I have recently read some letters from readers who are upset, angry or offended by a couple opinions Dr. Young stated in his recent postings. These experts who post questions, do also have a right to have opinions. We all have to realize these experts are human too. Us individuals who are infected with HIV, or family or friends of us who visit this site, are not forced to read the material in this website. This website is overall intended to visit and inform us on facts AND opinions about HIV. We must have a close relationship with our personal HIV doctor that we visit in person, not have a personal connection with this website. Atleast, thats how I feel. This website is very informative, I appreciate and have high respect for the people who put their own personal time into keeping us informed. But again, we must realize that this website isnt our personal doctor. And we also have to realize every person has a right to give opinions with his/her facts. "An opinion is just that...An opinion, take it or leave it." I think you do a great job Dr. Young. I read your postings a lot, your quick and to the point in most cases. Somtimes the best information given is information that is quick and to the point. Keep up the great work you do for all of us dedicated readers.

Response from Dr. Young

Thanks for your lengthy and thoughtful note.

I think that I speak for all of us here at the site that we really do try to provide the most current information as possible in a way that answers patients' questions in as timely way as possible. Sometimes the words don't always come out as smoothly as we'd like, sometimes the information isn't what people always want to hear-- but in the end analysis, as you point out, represent only our opinions. Our readers are certainly entitled to their opinions too and when our views differ, I'll try to explain the basis for the differences.

Thanks again. Your comments are very meaningful. BY

Previous
dry eyes * mouth
Next
LOW CD COUNT FOLLOW UP

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.