Time to Resume HIV Meds?

I've been HIV+ for 18 years now, and have been on a drug holiday since Apr 1999. With my latest counts @ T4= 270, %= 10% , and viral load a 2,800 , do you think the time has come to think about returning to a drug regime?

Thanks for your post.

With your current CD4 count and percentage, if I were you, I'd be resuming treatment. It's really the percentage that's concerning to me- a typical CD4% of 10 correlates to a absolute CD4 count of about 150; well into a range where there is an increased risk of having an AIDS complication, even if your viral load is only 2800.

I'd recommend repeating a CD4 count, just to be sure. Look at the trend in your CD4 levels, see if there has been a downward trend in the counts in recent months.

I hope this is helpful, BY

I am still here thanks to HAART
dry eyes * mouth