|Time to Resume HIV Meds?
Mar 22, 2005
I've been HIV+ for 18 years now, and have been on a drug holiday since Apr 1999. With my latest counts @ T4= 270, %= 10% , and viral load a 2,800 , do you think the time has come to think about returning to a drug regime?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
With your current CD4 count and percentage, if I were you, I'd be resuming treatment. It's really the percentage that's concerning to me- a typical CD4% of 10 correlates to a absolute CD4 count of about 150; well into a range where there is an increased risk of having an AIDS complication, even if your viral load is only 2800.
I'd recommend repeating a CD4 count, just to be sure. Look at the trend in your CD4 levels, see if there has been a downward trend in the counts in recent months.
I hope this is helpful, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Swallowing Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.