should i start meds or wait

Hello Dr.Young, last july i tested positive and my CD4 was 483 ,VL was 0 every 3 months i do blood test and the Cd4 readings are 07/30/04- 21% 08/17/04-418 11/16/04- 461 02/15/05- 460 my Viral load count is increasing constantly. at the last test result it was 4000 and now (02/15/05) it is 19000. Should i start medication or not. my doctor suggest to wait and watch. I dont have any such complications as long as normal health is concerned except that some time i feel tired. my red cell count is normal,thats what the doctor says. pl advice

Thanks for your post and questions.

To summate your labs, you've got a relatively stable CD4 absolute count and a marginally low CD4%. Your viral load is clearly very low, but there's a suggestion that it may be on it's way up.

If you're feeling well (asymptomatic), with these labs, I'd be in no hurry to initiate treatment. That said, the percentage is a little lower than expected for a CD4 count of over 400, and this point might cause me to watch your symptoms and labs a little more closely.

Overall, I'd be in agreement with your doctor to wait and watch (both your labs and symptoms). If things progress, I'd have a low threshold to start on medications.

Good luck, thanks for reading. BY

HIV anxiety!
blood