Re: You think we ever be free HIV/AIDS?

Dr Young. I respect your honesty but I would ask you, what other disease has as much research and funding going on in the world? The chance that there will be some sought of cure to this might not be in the visible horizon, I agree. However you have to realize that your honesty, although well intentioned, can cause more harm than good.

When I found out I was positive, I could not sleep at night, function in the day or be comfortable within my own body. What changed that? My doctors statement that went something like this... There is so much research going on with this, that the likelihood of a cure or huge advances towards one, in your lifetime, is very probable. That statement was like the pearly gates opening up to a new life and the sun started to shine for me again.

My subconscious fears turned into conscious reality and I am able to move forward with my life knowing that HIV is just a small part of me. If the hope you plant can save one person from committing emotional and subsequently physical suicide after being diagnosed then that is the only seed you should plant. The rest is just weeds in the field of life.

Point well taken. Thanks for your post. BY

VL increase
Dr. Young