Sustiva/Viread/Emtriva

I was just diagnosed as positive last month. I am taking Sustiva and Viread/Emtriva in the form of Truvada. My baseline vl was 40,000 and the CD4 count was 355. My question is as follows: Currently, it is two pills in the motning. I heard that Sustiva/Viread/Emtriva will be available sometime this year in a single pill. One pill once a day. When will this occur and what is the name of this medication.

Thanks for your post.

The triple combination pill of efavirenz/tenofovir/FTC is being actively investigated. While I have no direct knowledge of the timeline for approval of the product, I'd hope to see this within the next 12-24 months. BY

Dr. Young
WBC