Azithromycin & Liver

About a month ago I took twelve 250mg tablets over 2 weeks for a Chlyamidia infection. Immediately after taking the meds I had a couple of petechiae appear on my skin. Now I'm starting to feel a little discomfort in my abdomen and it's usually coming from the upper right abdomen. My eyes aren't deeply yellow but they are a little and they feel dry all the time. I know that azithromycin can potentially cause liver damage so am I showing signs of this? It seems late for these symptoms to be showing up but I'm not sure. I was immunized for Hepatitis A and B over a year ago so I doubt I've contracted either of them.

What do I do if I'm having a bad reaction to this drug besides stop taking it?

How common are these symptoms with people who have taken azithromycin? My symptoms seem slight but all I usually read about are those who have severe symptoms? I'm worried that mine are going to get worse like theirs.

How is a swollen liver treated? I often read that rest is in order but does that mean no exercise?

Thanks

Hank

Thanks for your post.

Given that you completed your course of azithromycin a month ago, I'd find it very highly unusual for you to develop toxicity-related side effect now.

Because of this, and in a way, irrespective of what might have caused the problems, if your feeling ill and have right upper abdominal pain with yellowing eyes, I'd bring this to the attention of your healthcare provider in the near future.

Good luck, BY

seroquel and hep c
WBC