First changes

HI. Dr. I realised I was positive because the physical changes and comments of my friends. My facil features were someone different. After so meany years in the gym, I was so tired and lazy. It seemed to me that the last year I had grown old really fast. My skin was thinner in my face. Through the internet I discoverd for the first time the word lipoathrophy. Why everyone relates Lipoathrophy to antirretrovirals? Those changes happen with no medication. Thanks.

Thanks for your post.

You're correct in that lipoatrophy can occur in the absence of HIV medications-- indeed, medications might accelerate the fat loss or cause an increased risk of fat loss, but in general terms aren't the sole basis of the syndrome. (I will point out that not "everyone" says that lipoatrophy is only caused by meds-- we've been discussing the other risk factors on this site for some time.) BY

You think we ever be free HIV/AIDS?
How long before balanitis heals?