confused

i am on reytaz/truvada/norvir, my partner is about to start reytaz/truvada without the norvir, i thought you had to take the norvir in order for the other two to react. Should i change my regimen or should i not, or will it make a difference? I am on state funded care he has private healthcare.

Thanks for your post.

There is a serious drug-drug interaction between tenofovir and atazanavir that makes using Truvada and Reyataz without Norvir boosting a bad idea. This interaction lowers the amount of Reyatz that gets into the blood, raising the risk of drug resistance and treatment failure.

I can see no reason why (other than ignorance) you should be on Truvada/Reyataz without Norvir. If you cannot tolerate or afford the Norvir, there are plenty of alternatives that shouldn't risk your long-term treatment options.

Your partner should talk with his doctor about this. BY

Lipo treatment and oxandrin
what is best- now or later?