Truvada/Sustiva Side effects

I started the Truvada & Sustiva combination a month ago now and have been doing fairly well so far. The question I have is within the last couple of weeks I have noticed myself, for lack of a better phrase, having a lot more gas and bowel movements. From what I have read I believe others have had the same issue, but is this something that will get better, or be an annoying, but manageable issue?

Thanks for your post.

Truvada/ efavirenz (Sustiva, Stocrin) is usually a very well tolerated medication. For most patients, the majority of symptoms are related to the psychological impact of efavirenz, while a smaller group can have side effects from the components of Truvada. For my Truvada patients, side effects are rare, but I have had patients report gastrointestinal side effects like the ones you've described.

If you are having these side effects after one month, I'm a little concerned that either the medications are not the cause, or that you are one of the small number of patients who are having tenofovir or (more likely) FTC side effects.

Either way, I'd talk to you doctor about the symptoms to see if there are any diagnostic or therapeutic strategies to explore.

Good luck, thanks for reading. BY

Dry Mouth & Eye Question
Lipo treatment and oxandrin