Fuzeon Travel Info

Dear Mr. Kurtyka, After reading a recent question about traveling with Fuzeon, I wanted to share my experiences. Since being on Fuzeon, I have traveled outside of the USA three times, and within the USA also. (flying, cruising, and driving) I have never experienced any problems. Here is what I did: I carried a letter from my Dr stating I was on these meds for a medical condition. I carried copies of prescriptions, list of all my meds, my last lab results, and phone numbers of all Drs, Insurance company info, and pharmacy info...just in case. I placed all my meds, including needles, in my carry-on luggage, and told check-in agents, and the customs agents that I had needles, and syringes in my bag for a medical condition. I was sent a travel case by my pharmacy for all my Fuzeon supplies which I used, and it worked really well. I kept my other meds in their original prescription bottles. I checked on the USA Dept Of State web page to read about the HIV policy of the countries I was traveling to, just to be aware of any potential problems or attitudes I might be encountering.

99% of the agents, said "Okay, thanks for telling me." And that was the end of it.

One USA custom agent, after I told him that I had needles and syringes in my carry-on, did ask "Why do you have needles with you.." I responded by saying I used them to inject medication twice daily. He said "Okay..." And I entered back into the USA with no problems.

Hope this helps. It was scary at first, but everyone was very pleasant. A Fuzeon Friend

Response from Mr. Kurtyka

Thanks for sharing your positive travel experiences!

--dk

Biojector and T20
T20 advancements?