Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Fuzeon Travel Info
Mar 6, 2005

Dear Mr. Kurtyka, After reading a recent question about traveling with Fuzeon, I wanted to share my experiences. Since being on Fuzeon, I have traveled outside of the USA three times, and within the USA also. (flying, cruising, and driving) I have never experienced any problems. Here is what I did: I carried a letter from my Dr stating I was on these meds for a medical condition. I carried copies of prescriptions, list of all my meds, my last lab results, and phone numbers of all Drs, Insurance company info, and pharmacy info...just in case. I placed all my meds, including needles, in my carry-on luggage, and told check-in agents, and the customs agents that I had needles, and syringes in my bag for a medical condition. I was sent a travel case by my pharmacy for all my Fuzeon supplies which I used, and it worked really well. I kept my other meds in their original prescription bottles. I checked on the USA Dept Of State web page to read about the HIV policy of the countries I was traveling to, just to be aware of any potential problems or attitudes I might be encountering.

99% of the agents, said "Okay, thanks for telling me." And that was the end of it.

One USA custom agent, after I told him that I had needles and syringes in my carry-on, did ask "Why do you have needles with you.." I responded by saying I used them to inject medication twice daily. He said "Okay..." And I entered back into the USA with no problems.

Hope this helps. It was scary at first, but everyone was very pleasant. A Fuzeon Friend

Response from Mr. Kurtyka

Thanks for sharing your positive travel experiences!

--dk

Previous
Biojector and T20
Next
T20 advancements?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.